4000 km promoting blood donation

Najave planiranih bajkerskih, planinarskih i ostalih aktivnosti u prirodi

Moderator: Moderatori

juleblay

Hello everybody !

Post by juleblay »

Nice to meet all of you.

Ok for Novi Pazar. So now I wonder if it wouldn't be better for me to go from Uzice to Nova Varos - Pljevlja, Zabljak, and after go to the national park of Biogradsko, Kolasin, Matesevo...

Ok for Albania, i will stay more time in the mountains of Montenegro, it soulds better.

No, I don't have any GPS... But I stay on the roads or paths. I will have about 25 kilofs of lugages, I can't go everywhere.

What about camping ? Is it easy to find some campgrounds on my way, or some places to put my tent ? I can't see the campgrounds on my map; We can find a lot of them in Serbia-Montenegro ?

An other point : I have some contacts with the red cross in all the other countries, except in Serbia. If you know somebody who works there, it would be great !

Thanks a lot
see you soon
Julien
Eh, jovanovic, good try with the french language! Sorry, i will not try to speak serbian !
Jovanovic
Freebiker

Post by Jovanovic »

>No, I don't have any GPS... But I stay on the roads or paths. I will have about 25 kilofs of lugages, I can't go everywhere.

>What about camping ? Is it easy to find some campgrounds on my way, or some places to put my tent ? I can't see the campgrounds on my map; We can find a lot of them in Serbia-Montenegro ?

Well, there are some nice places to put your tent on along the routes that I told you about, and I recorded them on GPS :-). But if you wont stay much on really big altitudes, it will be easy to you to find place to make the tent..

Of course, I'm talkin about plain fields, there are only few "official" camp places in Montenegrian mountains and I don't know anything about them.
Makarenko

Post by Makarenko »

Hello Julien
This is a official web site of " The Red Cross of Vojvodina Province "
http://www.ckv.org.yu/
( Vojvodina is province where you entering Serbia )
The site is both in English and in Serbian, so you shouldn`t have any problems understanding it.
There is " Contacts " page with phone and fax numbers and email so you can try contact them that way. Just tell them what you told us, and, with any luck, you should get a reply. They should be able to link you with Red Cross organizations further along your path.
Few notes:
Serbia is not quiet a normal country and you can bump in some rather stupid problems:
1. You can`t enter the site.
Solution: Here is email adresses: office@ckv.org.yu; vrc@eunet.yu
2. You are not getting any reply.
Solution: Well, maybe some of us can help you thru some private chanells, or maybe provide you with some other official contacs. I tried to enter " The Red Cross of Serbia " site but I failed. Here is that link so you can try: http://www.redcross.org.yu
There are, I bet, more problems, but those are most probable, and, luckily, easiest to solve.
Anyway, good luck.
Makrenko
juleblay

Post by juleblay »

Hello !

Thanks a lot for all this informations, it's great ! I will contact them at the end of the week ; i'm very busy now. I will tell you if they reply me. Hope so ;-)

For the campground, i will see that when i will ride !And we always find somebody who allow you to put the tent in a pecae of garden or field.

See you soon and thank you very much for everything. This tour sounds really great !

greetings from France !
Julien
pedja
Freebiker

Post by pedja »

Get the GPS, it will make things easier for you. :)

I am from Uzice, so If you pass through you may contact me for information, help, or even taking bath and staying overnight.
juleblay

GPS and Uzice

Post by juleblay »

Hi !
Thanks for the bath, Iwill think about that ;-)
I wanted to stay one night in Perucac Vrelo, but it's maybe not possible, Id don't know. Anyway, I want to go in the Tara park, just to ahve a look. Why not staying one night in Uzice.
But I don't think I will have a GPS, so i will maybe be lost in the Tara park ;-)
We keep in touch, I will tell you more on the road !
Julien
pedja
Freebiker

Post by pedja »

I wanted to stay one night in Perucac Vrelo, but it's maybe not possible, Id don't know. Anyway, I want to go in the Tara park, just to ahve a look. Why not staying one night in Uzice.
I've been following the thread and I think, if you have 4000km long job to do, there is nomuch room for sight seeing.

Tara is a place you should not miss, but it is not for jump and see. You have to climb very high from Perucac to Tara (I am not quite sure, but think it is about 700-900m climb on 7-10km long road).

If you wanna dothat, you will indeed be awarder by sight, and also nice way down to Kremna. There you may deide if you still want to go all way to the Ivanjica and then turn toward Podgorica, or simply go to Zlatibor, Priboj, Prijepolje and toward Podgorica. The second route is straight forward.

By the way:
Red cross Uzice
Veliki park 3, Uzice
Phone: +381 31 513 561
Phone: +381 31 523 226
Fax: +381 31 513 561
email: crvenikrstuz@ptt.yu
juleblay

Departure time soon !

Post by juleblay »

Hello all the cyclo bikers !

That's a long time that I didnt right there. Just a little word to tell you that the departure is coming soon : in only one month I will be in Slovenia for the departure of the 4000km cycling tour for blood donation.

I have changed a little bit my itinerary, you can see that there :

http://j.leblay.free.fr/balkans.html

If you want to ride with me for a while, don't hesitate to write to me :

juleblay @ gmail.com

I will be glad to meet you !

You will be able to follow this tour on http://voyage-grand-coeur.org which will be translate in english for this tour.

I'm looking forward to come and ride in your country !

Greetings from France
Julien
juleblay

Let's go !

Post by juleblay »

Ok, here i am, on my bike in Slovenia ! The tour has started on monday. It's realy hot but it's ok, I enjoyed the first 250 km there !

You can see the first pictures and summaries (traductions will come soon) on http://voyage-grand-coeur.org. I will arrive in Serbia the 3rd of July, and some blood collections will be organised there. So be ready for that !

See you soon, maybe on the road !

Julien
alazovic
Freebiking druid

Post by alazovic »

Julien,

Saw you few days ago on serbian state television (RTS) - Belgrade programme :oops:
You were in Belgrade, riding downtown Skadarlija...
Keep on going!

Regards, Aleksandar
There lie the woods of Lothlórien!...There are no trees like the trees of that land.
For in the autumn their leaves fall not, but turn to gold...
juleblay

Post by juleblay »

Hi!

Yes, it was nice in Belgrade !
Now I am in Montenegro, amazing nature !!!

I spent more than one week in Serbia, and I have to tell you that I was amazed by Serbian people : so welcoming and friendly !! I realy enjoyed my stay in Serbia, thanks for everything, you are very nice people !!

I have some days of rest in Kotor and after go in Bosnia.
See you !
Julien